Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Music and Animals Shirts

   It was one of those Saturdays that everything seemed to be redundant. I turned the TV on and started surfing the channels. I knew that I had seen too much TV because the level of enthusiasm I got for tuning into my favourite shows was a downer. Then I just realized that a permanent marker and a paper was conveniently left at the center table. I was doodling the whole day challenging myself to draw a hippo. But hippo’s are probably the jarjar binks of the African animal roster. Though I have heard that they have a street-cred in killing people it doesn’t change the fact that they look lame. See, if you are a kid growing up reading about the coolness of a mountain lion per se you will develop a ‘taste’ on animal awesomeness. Let’s see, mountain lion = lone hunter, puma to some, cougar to most, total badass. On the other hand, hippo = grass eater, river horse to some, semi-aquatic (too shitty to choose a permanent spot ) and lastly, a total douche. Well anyway, I thought that if I try drawing a hippo like someone famous I will have a better outcome. I didn’t think twice, put Gene Simmons on Dora the explorer and it will become Wolverine, put him on this hippo and it will make a good shirt. And so I did, and four more other animal and musician hybrids.
here is the Gene Simmons Hippo shirt
here is David Bowie as Ziggy the dog

here is Claudio Sanchez as something Wookie-like, no big effort in combining faces here
here is John Lennon as a free-love bunny

and last, Bob Marley as the Lion of Zion

No comments:

Post a Comment